Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. This includes information that you tell us, what we learn from you and the choices you make about the marketing you want us to send to you. This policy explains how we do this, what your rights are and how the law protects you.
Who we are
Our company name is Eurasian Linguistic Services Ltd.
Our registered address is 22 Primrose Lane, Winnersh, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 5UR, United Kingdom.
Our business premises are at Albany House, 14 Shute End, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 1BJ, United Kingdom.
Our telephone is +44 (0) 1183 805 787.
Our website address is https://www.eurasianlinguistics.com.
We are registered in England No. 07710269.
Our VAT number is GB119 4020 44.
What personal and technical data we collect and why we collect it
We collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us.
We may collect the following personal information about you: your name, your email address and your gender.
We are responsible for looking after this information in accordance with the GDPR.
Access to your personal data within Eurasian Linguistic Services Ltd. will be provided to those staff who need to view it as part of their work in connection with the operation of the website.
We only collect the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users.
We collect technical data, including cookies and similar technologies, automatically.
Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our website.
- technical information, for example, the type of device (and its unique device identifier) you use to access our website, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, mobile network information and platform; and
- information about your visit to our website including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
If you leave a comment on our website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When visitors leave comments on the website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you submit a contact form, we keep it for a period of six months for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through our contact forms for marketing purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we use your data
Eurasian Linguistic Services Ltd. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- to provide and maintain our website;
- to notify you about changes to our website;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so;
- to provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our website;
- to monitor the usage of our website;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
- to provide you with news and general information about our website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Where we store or use your data
We may store your data manually or electronically. Any data stored electronically will be stored in secure servers, and any data stored manually will be stored in our premises within the UK.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk.
We use Google Analytics and Jetpack for analytics services.
Who we share your data with
Eurasian Linguistic Services Ltd. does not share any personal data with any third-party providers, including partners, cloud-based services, payment processors and third-party service providers.
How long we retain your data
We keep contact form entries for six months and analytics records for a year.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
If you have any privacy-specific concerns, please email email@example.com.